Frequently Asked Questions
Through the ease of the internet, you can order 24 hours a day online from the convenience of your home! If you have questions or would like to place your order by phone (403-703-5013) or email (info@NaturesBabyBasket.com) we will be happy to help you in any way we can.
At Nature’s Baby Basket we strive to send out every order in a timely fashion and in correct condition. Except when or where otherwise noted (holidays, special order items) orders are shipped within 2-3 business days from the time the order is placed. If ever you find your order shipped to you in error (items missing, incorrect items or significant flaws), we will take immediate action to correct the problem, simply contact us by phone or email. In addition, if it is found we have erred in your order we will compensate you by giving you 10% off your next order. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us!
It depends on your child's age and how often you want to wash. Most parents prefer to wash every other day. For example, for a newborn, if you wash every other day, you would need 24-30 diapers.
- Newborns ~ 12-15 diapers per day
- 2-6 months ~ 10-12 diapers per day
- 6+ months ~ 8-10 diapers per dayThese can include any combination of prefolds, fitteds, pockets, or All-In-Ones.
Most cloth diaperers wash laundry every 2-3 days. Towels can be washed with diapers to make fuller loads as they can sustain the extra wear and tear from the washing!
I know it's overwhelming at first, but you'll pick things up quickly. All of these descriptions are on the diaper pages, but in a nutshell:
- All-in-One - describes a diaper that doesn't need a cover or anything extra to make it absorbant. It's everything you need in one package...just like a disposable diaper. The easiest diaper to use for anyone changing your baby.
- Pocket Diaper - Like a cover with a pocket built in. Inside the pocket you'll slide the absorbant layer...an insert, prefold, etc. Once the diaper is stuffed, it's like an all-in-one. No extra cover is needed.
- Fitted Diaper - this is a diaper that will conform to your baby very well. It's diaper-shaped and has a closure, either snaps or velcro. These do not have a waterproof layer built in so you'll need to use a cover.
- Prefolds - a flat diaper that has been "pre-folded" for you. Similar to what our own parents used. These are economical and absorbant but do require a cover. I recommend using a Snappi to close them with.
Up to $100.00 - $12.00
$100.01 to $150.00 – $14.00
$150.01 to $200.00 – $16.00
Over $200.00 – Free!
Pricing at Nature’s Baby Basket is in Canadian dollars. GST (goods & services tax) of 5% is added to your order at checkout. Orders from the United States are not charged GST, however may be subject to other taxes, customs fees and/or cross-border processing fees. Non-Canadian buyers are responsible for any fees or taxes assessed due to importing products from us.
As a parent and the owner of our business, I know first-hand that raising a child can be expensive, especially when you want to provide the best options you can. We can't imagine the added stress of trying to prepare for twins, triplets and more but we can help. We are offering families of multiples a bargain to help with their product purchases. If you are a friend or family member trying to purchase for multiple babies, please contact us. We will work with you to meet your green and natural desires and try to help you with the bottom-line cost. Discounts offered range between 10 and 25% depending on the products and the volume!
This offer extends to cloth diaper packages that include 32+ diapers, 4+ wetbags, multiple bottles/feeding utensils/cups/soothers, 24+ wipes, 6+ toys... If you are putting a large package or registry together, we will extend your discount to all of your desired products.
Please contact us at your convenience at info@NaturesBabyBasket.com or give us a call at 403-703-5013
- Pre-Wash. (This step can be skipped if you use the wet pail method.) Place all cloth diapers in the washer, and run a prewash in cold water. This will remove most of the loose particles from the cloth diapers.
- Overnight Soak. Refill the washer with cold water and 1/2 cup of baking soda (if using Funk Rock or RLR, process may vary but the key will be to ensure multiple rinses and no remaining product in diapers). Let it agitate for a minute or two, then turn off the machine and let the cloth diapers soak several hours or overnight. Drain the water (I run a pre-wash to do this.) Baking soda is a base and neutralizes the urine in the cloth diapers. This is very effective in whitening and removing the smell from the cloth diapers without doing damage as it neutralizes but doesn't bleach.
- Hot Wash. Empty the bin and run the wash with hot water, detergent and 1/2 cup Washing Soda. Since my baby has sensitive skin, I use Claudia's Choices as it is completely scentless.
- Double Rinse.
- If the stink just can't be kicked, add about 1/2 cup of vinegar during the first rinse* (note that vinegar is harsh for elastic and PUL so use sparingly and double-check warranty details for the diaper brand). If you have a washer with a fabric softener compartment pour the vinegar there when starting the hot wash. Otherwise can throw in a Downy ball filled with vinegar.
Nope! When your baby is exclusively breastfed or formula-fed, the diapers can go into the pail or wetbag just as they are. The baby poop will wash out with no trouble at all. Once your baby is on solid foods, a diaper sprayer is a great thing to have. Use it to spray poop off into the toilet. They're super easy to install and they work very well. Also, formed poops don't stick to fleece very well, so they will usually just roll of into the toilet and don't need anything else. A flushable, biodegradeable diaper liner can be used to easily remove and flush away poop. Liners that are only wet with urine can be rinsed, hung to dry and reused.
This was one of my biggest concerns when I got into cloth diapering. How much effort does it take to wash them? I'm pleased to report: not much! Here's a basic idea:
- Cold rinse, no detergent
- Hot wash, 1/2 detergent
- Cold rinse if necessary, no detergent
- Machine dry or hang to dry
Kaley's Soap Nuts, Rockin Green Soap, and Claudia's Choices are not only great for cloth diapers, but the whole family's laundry needs!
- Here's a tip for pocket diapers: when you take the diaper off of your baby, pull out the insert. Lay it inside the diaper along with any cloth wipes you use. Then fold the diaper over and place into your wetbag or diaper pail. When it's wash time, it can just be dumped into the washer and you don't have to touch it all again! (Please refer to each product's description for specific manufacturer's washing recommendations.)
Yes! At Nature’s Baby Basket we choose recycled materials to secure your items, and re-use boxes and packaging whenever possible. The bags we provide for local delivery and pickups are also made from recycled paper, manufactured in Canada, and are completely recyclable (they also make great gift bags). We are all consumers, but the way in which we choose to consume makes a difference on this one earth we live on.